Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Plain Vanilla Week (WW # 85)

Welcome to the Weekly Wrap!

https://hohoruns.blogspot.com/p/weekly-wrap.html
This link was created to support active women.  
JOIN IN!  Click HERE  to see complete rules.

Tricia and I are thrilled that new ladies continue to join us here on the Weekly Wrap.  If you link early, please make sure you come back later in the week and check some of the other posts.  You may just find the connection, support or motivation you've been searching for!

*******************************************************
WEEKLY RECAP:
Monday = Bike Trainer 15 Miles
Tuesday = Ran 4 Miles
Wednesday = Strength
Thursday  = Ran 7 Miles
Friday = Bike Trainer 15 Miles
Saturday = Strength
Sunday = Ran 4 Miles

Ran = 15
Cycled = 30
Strength = 2

*******************************************************

This week was nothing special, just a plain vanilla week.  Since I've recently returned to a regular running schedule, I'm trying my best not to overdo...as would be my typical obsessive nature.  With a few spring half marathons on the calendar however, I will have to up my mileage very soon. 

Our house guest this week.

Our college kid was home for the week.   He was babysitting a dog for a friend, so naturally so were we. We had a doggie zoo.  At least that's the way it felt with three neurotic dogs underfoot.  He prepared supper a few nights for me.  What a treat!  On Pi day, it was quiche.   I'll also give props to our at-home kid for making Super Hero Muffins.  He loves eating them for breakfast. 
My first run after springing forward.   With most of it in complete 
darkness, I wanted to make certain I was visible.       Nailed it!  

I ran my longest run (7 miles) since the Disney Marathon on Thursday morning.  It was one of the coldest days we've had during an extremely mild winter -- 29 degrees without any wind.  {I'd really enjoy a few more of those, Mother Nature!}  It was too annoying to look at my watch under the layers, thumb-holes and gloves, so I ran by feel.  I could have kept going and going.  Alas, work duty was calling.  I was surprised to see that I negative split the miles.


A green sparkly trainer ride for St. Patrick's Day.
After whining pleading talking about returning to Colorado to snow ski in the Rockies, that's where I'll be by the time you read this.   I plan to bore you with lots of pictures from the ski slopes next week, although I know many of you are so over the snow!  I also will be checking off a bucket list item while we are there.  You'll have to tune in next week to see what that will be.


This will be our home away from home.   Pretty cool, huh?

Since we are staying in the middle of nowhere, I'm not sure if I'll have reliable (if any) internet reception.  I'll be reading your posts, but please forgive me if you don't see a comment (so hard to do on my phone!). 

And that's a wrap!
  
Have you been to the Rockies?
Do you snow ski or snow board?


43 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! I used to ski a lot. But I injured my knee jumping moguls and sort of gave it up. I've been to Breckenridge to run a very fun downhill half though. That I'd do again in a heartbeat. You're a good sport to entertain that cute houseguest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what your bucket list item is! Will you be giving us a hint on IG?

    My hubby and I just went out and bought a bike for me so you'll be seeing biking picture on my blog soon!

    Thanks for the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing trip. I won't spoil the surprise here in the comments, but I am anxiously awaiting the details! Is your son with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Rockies and wish I was going with you! I hope to return there again sometime soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so weird to think of someone wanting it to be 29. Although right now, right here, that seems mighty warm. Boy, am I in for a shock next week! I put my watch on over my jacket. :)

    Have a wonderful vacation Holly (and no, I don't ski, although I was taken a few times as a kid). Don't worry about commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a great trip! I would love to see the snow on the Rockies sometime! I've never seen snow like that before! Have fun skiing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great trip! Love Colorado skiing - we haven't been in years, but I'd love to get back there. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a great trip! I am also trying not to do too much with the running. Ive been keeping my weekly mileage around 15 and long run is 7 right now...I am hoping to slowly build up to around 10.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful trip! I love Colorado! We'll be there in May!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you running again! I've never been skiing and hope y'all enjoy your trip! I can't wait to see your pictures! We never see snow down here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy Colorado! I was out there once with my in-laws and extended family and it was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so over snow. But I hope you enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every time I run before work, I wind up negative splitting. Guess it's good motivation to get back to work! Sorry your long run was on such a cold day but at least it went well. I'm glad you are getting back to regular training and still doing some cross training, but remaining injury-free.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been to the Rockies - but it has been YEARS, so I could definitely do with another trip back to explore! I'm not into skiing or snowboarding, but I would LOVE to do some hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting!!! I've driven through the Rockies (technically, the hubby was the driver...I was the one leaning over the seat, handing out fruit snacks, juice packs, dropped toys, etc.....). I will nod and smile politely at any/all of your snow pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your time out west! I am running a Ragnar in Colorado in August.. Breckenridge to Snowmass or something like that. lots of altitude and so much fun!
    Three neurotic dogs sounds entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great time skiing! I love those tights!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy Colorado...I'm missing it this year (I only go on the odd years to visit the hubs family). Great running week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you're having a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear about your bucket list item. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Superhero muffins are my favorite. I know how that can be with bringing dogs home and having it become a zoo, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your houseguest for the week was super cute!
    I hope that you are currently enjoying Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It must be nice to have your son home for the week. Great job on your longest run since the marathon! Have fun in Colorado! I'm a snowboarder but haven't been in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Never been to the rockies though the skiing is amazing here in France. Hope you have a great time !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enjoy your vacation and skiing! I'm so over winter and want our snow gone asap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I used to ski all the time! Not so much anymore since I live in the land of no winter. Happy vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Enjoy your vacation! Sounds like a beautiful time! I am not a big skier but I love a good travel adventure! I will watch for your pictures! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Solid week! I hope you have a great time in Colorado! I LOVED it there when I visited Estes Park in November. Unfortunately I'm terrible at skiing and snowboarding!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sometimes we all need a "plain vanilla" week every now and then to help balance out how busy we all get. You had a solid week of training!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enjoy! I've never been to the Rockies, but I have been the Colorado and it was great! One of my best friends was in Denver

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your view in Colorado looks breathtaking! I have never been there but I heard the skiing there is nothing compared to the East Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cell phone coverage is good in the mountains, but not the mountain passes. If I'm driving or riding over a mountain pass, I put my phone in airplane mode so the battery doesn't drain.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds like a good week! So jealous you are in Colorado skiing! Enjoy your trip! I'm a snowboarder and would love to go to Colorado at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ah! I'm jealous over the ski trip!!!! enjoy your time and be sure to have FUN! I've never snow skied but would love to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I guess I technically live in the Rockies now - though they call the mountain range near Bozeman something more specific (Bridger Mountains). I really love waking up to mountain views. I haven't skied or snowboarded in eons, but I preferred snowboarding once I learned how to do it. Have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have never been to the Rockies but really want to go! I can't wait to see all of your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Have an awesome time on your ski trip! Can't wait to see those gorgeous pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've never been skiing but I would love to go and scratch off another bucket list item. Enjoy this time with your family but do send me pictures! That you must do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Enjoy the Rockies!!! I love them though the altitude kills me :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sounds like a great week keeping it easy!

    Have fun skiing! I hadn't realised there would still be enough snow to ski on in places!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Have a great time skiing! Hopefully you've got lots of lovely snow despite the mild winter!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gotta love those college boys ...they surprise you every time they come home with how much they've "grown up"! Have fun skiing! We love the Rockies but never snowboarded ...my boys have and even they said it was more difficult than it looked :) Can't wait to hear about his bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  42. We have friends who own a condo in Winter Park so we've been to Colorado a few times. Both my husband and I are snowboarders. Would love to get the kids ski lessons when they're older and I may switch to skiing as well. Surely you're having an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I would love a plain vanilla week! where can I order one??? haha!

    I have had many runs this winter not looking at my watch under all my layers due to the cold, so I totally get that!

    have I been to the Rockies? Yes ! I lived just under half of my US life in New Mexico so it was more than once that I've been in the actual rockies in Northern NM and in Colorado.

    Skiing or snowboarding? Nope! I once went skiing; I was 18 and I thought it was awful. I spent most of the time on my a$$. I have considered many times since then to try again, but I can't bring myself to do it. Snowboarding I wanted to try; a good friend of mine in Portland tried so hard to convince me to go and I said I would go the next time he went. The "next time" I simply wasn't able to due to work, but he went anyway... and proceeded to break his collarbone! Never really considered it again after that!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one!