Friday, March 20, 2015

Runfessions (March 2015 Edition)

My Runfessions


I runfess...I've gotten too comfortable with my route.  On dark weekday mornings, I run very early in my neighborhood.  I see very few (if any) cars.  I almost know exactly when and where they will pass.  The darkness helps as you can see the lights coming up from behind.  I run the same route much later on weekend days in broad daylight -- when other people are awake and going places.  However, I'll forget it's not that quiet weekday run and u-turn without looking!  Holy Moly.  After a few close calls, I won't make that mistake any more! 

I runfess...I bought a running dress several months ago. {Ahem}  I don't think I need it.  I don't know why I bought it.  I seriously doubt it will be flattering.  Darn those race expos!   Have anyone else ever run in a dress?



I runfess...I have special names for the regular runners and walkers in my 'hood.  Unfortunately, I can't tell you what I call the couple who will not acknowledge my greeting in any manner -- not even a glance my way.  But, Visor Lady and I waved to each other for years and finally met at a race last year.   I shared with her and her husband Early Running Man (who never runs with Visor Lady so I didn't know they were married) what my names were for them.  They both started laughing --- they've called me Runner Girl for years!  Bahahaha.  I'll take that!  Girl.  Awesome!

I runfess...One thing that has suffered since I've been running is my yard work (or perhaps Gardening sounds more sophisticated).  Years ago I created a tropical, rather whimsical, backyard oasis.  I wanted it to feel like I was on vacation every weekend.  I got the effect I wanted and practically live out there during warm weather.  But people, that oasis requires a lot of upkeep!   I always enjoyed the work, but there's just not enough time anymore.




Got anything you need to get off your chest?



I'm linking up with Marcia today from Marcia's Healthy Slice.  Make sure to stop by her blog!




26 comments:

  1. Can't say I've ever run in a dress but it does look comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's purchased so I feel obligated to try it out. It has a pocket in the back which I assume would be hard to get into, so if I like it - I would only use for short races.

      Delete
  2. Yeah the dress thing. I never partook. Cute but it just seems like extra fabric to make me hotter than I already am. The sweaty way, not the don't I look great way. I agree it takes a freaking village to keep an oasis looking good. Happy weekend and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually pretty short so I'm not sure if there is more material than you would have in a top and skirt. I will definitely try it just to see what it's like.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried a running dress - I guess it wouldn't be that much more of a leap from the running skirts I wear - I like yours...very cute! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely an impulse buy. I thought the pattern was cute. We'll see how it wears.

      Delete
  4. I love your running dress!!! I've never done it - but I bet its comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen very few people wear a dress. So, it's definitely different. We'll see how comfy it is.

      Delete
  5. We need a picture of your backyard oasis! I think it's funny how runners give "secret names" to the people we see regularly on our routes. Do you think everyone does that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to start my work out there this weekend. I'll post a pic once I get my yard work done! I do think all runners do that.

      Delete
  6. ooh I like the running dress. Post some pics of you wearing it! Does it have shorts under? I always but silly stuff at expos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shorts underneath. It does have a pocket on the back at waist level.

      Delete
  7. I didn't even know running dresses existed! It looks very cute. I tried running skirts a few times and always had issue with the little undershorts riding up underneath. The dress would probably be more forgiving than a skirt.

    I am with you on being too comfortable with my running route, too. When it's early in the morning, I don't want to have to think about anything - my brain just goes on autopilot mode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to wear your own bottoms under the dress. I've seen very few women running in one. I probably need to change up my route just so I'll be more aware. I don't know though...I'm asleep for the first couple of miles anyway.

      Delete
  8. I've never heard of a running dress before! I'm intrigued as to how it looks on and whether you find it comfortable to run in! I was bad last year at getting my gardening even started. I'm hoping to be better this year since I want to try a vegetable garden again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely post a review of the running dress. I was hoping to do yard work this weekend but it looks like rain...the story of my life lately.

      Delete
  9. I need compression shorts to prevent chafing, so no running dress for me! LOL on your secret names for people. I hate when people in my own 'hood won't acknowledge my "'Morning" greeting. Harumph to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is made to wear our your own bottoms. I don't understand why people don't nod or smile, or something.

      Delete
  10. Ahhh the runners who will not respond to a good morning or other pleasantry when you are running. I have names for them too, but they are not very nice. I have never purchased a running dress and feel they are not for me....too many lumps in my middle to have a sleek look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dress is not tight and I will be wearing compression shorts to control for my lumps! HA.

      Delete
  11. I've never tried a running dress before. How did it go? Haha I have runner names for people too :) More often during races.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tried it yet! I've been known to name people in races too.

      Delete
  12. The first thing has happened to me and my early morning friend whenever we meet later in the day! We are always surprised there are more people out. Derrrrr. :)

    That dress is CUTE! I don't wear them, but know people who do and love them!

    I have names for people I see often, too. Runners in my hood, people at the train station...

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA. I'm glad I'm not alone on the first one! I haven't tried the dress yet, but I will - probably on a dark run. I'm sure you understand why some of my people names can't be shared.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never even heard of a run dress! If you don't like it when you try it out running in it, perhaps you can garden in it! ;-)

    And yes, I nickname the runners that I meet on my early morning runs. Doesn't everyone? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband saw it and said he really liked it! He had no idea it was for running. I'm sure it would work well as a beach dress or swimsuit coverup too.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one!