- Schedule a big race that will keep you accountable. For the past several years, I've been training for November, December and January half marathons during this time of year. I have no choice but to keep running. Yep, you'll find yourself saying "I need a little more sweet potato pie, please".
- Enjoy yourself in moderation. Depriving yourself just never works. It makes you want that much more. Holidays are the time to spend with family and friends. In the south, it's all about the food! Enjoy it and don't get wrapped up in the guilt. Save your wrapping skills for the presents.
- Don't eat the things you can get any old time of the year. For example, I'm not going to put bread on my plate. Why bother? I'm also not going to waste my calories on sweet tea (a southern tradition). Drink water only and plenty of it. I will spend my calories on the yummy seasonal dishes that only come out this time of year. Just make sure they are in small portions.
- Run early. GET IT DONE. You will feel so much better and able to handle the stresses of the day. If you plan to run later, other "junk" will get in the way. After working, shopping, appointments, errands, cooking...I'm looking for the bed, not a run.
- Promise yourself a treat for not over indulging and sticking to your runs. I love me some new running clothes, shoes, or a spa day!!
Happy Holidays! I'd like to hear your tips for staying on track!
There is still time to register and *WIN*WIN*WIN* in the Giveaway Hop. Click here.