Sunday, June 3, 2018

Race Week (WW # 148)


Wendy and I host this linkup for
the sole purpose of supporting active women.
We thank you for linking with us!



Thank you for linking with us on the Weekly Wrap.

There isn't much to report this week.  It was my last week of taper before running the Revel Rockies Marathon.  I only ran twice; 4 miles progressive on Tuesday evening after work and 3.2 easy miles on Thursday morning.    There was no cross training and I only did a short pre-hab session -- mainly just to warm up my muscles for a good stretch session.

My May mileage totaled less than April's as I tapered off during the last half of the month. If you are curious about the details of my training plan for this cycle, you can read more about it here: Will Less Be More?






Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
-- Suzy Kassem


This quote was used by the valedictorian at our youngest child's recent high school graduation.  I kept going back to it as I reflected on my training cycle and prepared for this race.  I choose to believe.  I will take on whatever the day brings and simply do the best I can. 

By the time you read this, hopefully Teresa and I will have crossed a stunning marathon finish line.  You can always check Instagram for updates.  I'm sure I'll have plenty to wrap up next week regarding the 10,000 feet of beginning altitude, the 5,000 feet of elevation drop, and the ensuing delayed onset muscle soreness or DOMS {wink}. 


I'll see you at the bottom of the mountain...
 
I truly appreciate everyone's kind words of support! 



31 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear all about your race with Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on battling through what had to be a very tough second half of the marathon! Enjoy your recovery beverages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure could feel the altitude yesterday, but surprised myself with a better than expected race. Hope you and Teresa had a fantasic race and a wonderful time!

    Thanks for the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great quote and so true I'm sure! I hope you're enjoying the satisfaction of a good race by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, I love the quote! Hope your Revel race was good. Looking forward to a race report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even with the taper you logged a lot of May miles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize the start was at 10,000 feet. I hope you had a good race and had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you logged a lot of miles for the month even during a taper!! I hope you had a terrific race! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So proud for you two ladies! I know you must be proud of yourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Believe is, indeed, my word for 2018. Can't wait to hear all the shenanigans you ladies got up to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already know that you did. Congrats. Can't wait to hear all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw your IG post! Sorry about the sickness but congrats on crossing another marathon finish line. Wtg!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your recovery lotions, potions and shenanigans have you walking pain-free very soon! Can't wait to hear all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Suzy Kassem quote is awesome. Heal gently and hope race was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to read about the race!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that quote!!! Can't wait to hear how it all went!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to hear all about your big race this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on an awesome race! I can't wait to read the recap!

    Sometimes, less is definitely more. It's hard to get in that mindset when you are used to clocking the big miles in training, but I'm fairly positive that taking it easy let you be rested and ready for Revel!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a great quote...I need to remember that one!

    Congratulations on your marathon, I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like that quote a lot. Thanks for sharing it :).

    I'm reading on a Monday so I really hope you're finished by now (haha). Can't wait to read the full recap!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That quote is so true! Congrats on your race... looking forward to hearing more details!

    ReplyDelete
  22. can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a great quote, so true! I hope the race went well and I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I look forward to hearing about the race! I'm sure it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I truly believe less is more in running - better undertrained than injured! Though the taper crazies will have me questioning that theory come next week too. I just checked your IG and am so glad you made it! The altitude had to have been a beast but YOU DID IT!!! Can't wait for the recap :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the race! Altitude sickness is no joke - good job powering through that.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you 2 had a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hope you had a great race and can't wait to read your recap!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on your race! Looking forward to your recap!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one!