I'm linking up with Deb @ Deb Runs for the Wednesday Word.
Please visit Deb and the other participating bloggers. It's fun!
What I Find Rewarding:
- The acute Monday body aches from water skiing too much over the weekend or plowing through the downhill section of a tough half marathon. It's the satisfaction of knowing you pushed your body to its limits.
- The surprise race announcement that you've been awarded with a silly, but oh so meaningful, medal or trophy. It is that much sweeter if you struggled during the race.
- Hitting your paces during your speed work sessions, especially when it's wickedly humid and you are completely soaked, can't breathe, and think you might just keel over.
- Leaving your shoes outside on the porch and hanging up your running clothes to dry because they are so drenched with sweat they will mold if you don't.
- Pulling up the weeds, trimming the bushes and flowers, picking up the fallen limbs and pine cones, raking the pine straw and leaves, and then turning to look back across the yard. Ahhhh...
- Having my husband tell me, "That was better than any restaurant meal you can buy, anywhere".
- Having my kids say "Thank you, Mom" after doing some little something I didn't even give much thought to.
- Hearing my grandson say, "I want to go to HoHo's house".
What do you find rewarding?