Friday, June 30, 2017

Runfessions Over Coffee




1)  Over coffee I'd runfess...  It's definitely the caffeine.



Welcome to Runfessions!

Welcome to Coffee Talk!

Today I'm runfessing as we chat over coffee. There's coconut creamer in my Dark Magic coffee and I'm ready to spill my guts.

Hmm...what's rattling around in my old brain as we close out the month of June? 






2)  By training for a marathon two summers in a row, I let our back yard get into horrible shape.  I once took such pride in my feel-like-you-are-on-vacation-while-at-home whimsical (yes, some may say tacky) tropical vista.  But I've been busy the last few weeks.   Most of my pots, signs, metalwork and other "yard art" needed fresh paint.  That's the thing about outdoor décor and furnishings.  Everything either rots, rusts, fades, chips or mildews so quickly.  I hope to finish up over the long holiday weekend.   If it doesn't rain.  AGAIN.

Just one of my tacky whimsical fish.


3)  Speaking of rotting and rusting, I've been feeling a little old and creaky of late.  I runfess, the most challenging physical activity for me right now is actually not running.  Nor is it cycling or my beloved, yet muscle ache inducing, slalom water skiing.  No, it's the apparent ultimate physical feat of...turning over in the bed.  Too bad it doesn't come with those lovely post exercise endorphins.  It'd be nice to have panel of judges holding up 10's over in the bedroom corner.  {Boom! I stuck the landing!}


4)  So, you may have heard me say I want to do a Century Ride this year.  {I'll do the math for you.  It's 100 miles or in some rides even a little more -- why the cruel extra mileage, I don't know.}  I even roped Teresa into my madness. Where has my bike been?  Sitting on it's trainer.  And have I been on said trainer?  No.  I stayed off for two whole months.  [Bikes don't ride themselves, do they HoHo?]  I'm happy to report I did two short trainer rides of 15 miles each this week.  Woo Hoo!   Baby pedals...

5)  I'll leave you with one more thought...

Have a Brew-tiful Day!



What would you runfess if we were having coffee?



I'm linking with my friend Marcia today from Marcia's Healthy Slice.
Please stop by and join in with your own Runfessions!




I'm also linking with the lovely Ultimate Coffee Date hostesses Coco and Deborah!
Be sure to stop in for coffee on Saturday and chat with everyone.
www.got2run4me.com


And for the Trifecta...

I'm also joining on the Friday Five 2.0 linkup
Stop by and see what everyone is talking about.
 

36 comments:

  1. OMG, I know that turning over in the bed feeling!
    I love the "make my backyard feel like I'm on vacation look". That's what I strive for! We should all share pictures of our tacky yards..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about flipping over in the bed? Ouch! If I can ever get my backyard finished, I'll definitely share some pics.

      Delete
  2. I love the fish, so cute! Our backyard got in pretty bad shape too and I wasn't even marathon training or anything. It's so had to keep on top of things like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually enjoy working in my yard, but those training cycles burned up my energy and I had little left over for anything else.

      Delete
  3. Ok, I don't get the turning over in bed thing. Unless I have an injury. Or maybe I don't get it *yet*.

    Our backyard is just grass, weeds, and ants (at least not fire ants). I like gardening, but there just never seems to be enough time. We do have daisies back there -- only because they reseeded themselves from someone else's backyard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it either. It just hurts my back and has for some time now. I'm trying to make time for the gardening now that our travel is over for a while.

      Delete
  4. I like whimsy. It adds a little fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, so you got Teresa to join you in the Century Ride!!! You are right, that bike isn't going to ride itself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we tried to schedule one this spring but just couldn't get the date worked out between us. It's a lofty goal. LOL.

      Delete
  6. I'm right there with you on the turning over in the bed thing. And here I was blaming RA. Ok then! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it amusing I can do other quite strenuous activities and this is what gets me the most! It's comical.

      Delete
  7. I runfess that when I turn over in bed, it's a huge feat AND it makes me feel like I have to go to the bathroom. But I'm too stubborn/tired/what have you to go to the bathroom so I end up feeling like I need to go for a few hours while I try to sleep through it. TMI? Maybe. But it's true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know that struggle well. Do I get up or not????

      Delete
  8. My runfessions just got published this evening because of my "situation" the past couple days. UGH> I may have to take a cue from you and do some yard work this summer...cause the running shoes will be sequestered....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over. I need all the help I can get over in my yard! LOL. You'll be back at it in no time!

      Delete
  9. Feeling a little creaky and old myself lately! I have not done a full century (yet) but have done the metric 65 miles. It's tough my friend. I am doing part of one in August with Coco (maybe 50 m) you really have to train for those long rides! Thanks for joining us for coffee today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I totally respect the long rides after doing a few 60+ milers myself. I would never attempt one without putting in the training miles first. And, there's always the option of dropping down to the metric.

      Delete
  10. Listen sista, you can come hang out in my back yard anytime! It's not tacky, my hubby calls me quirky! Whatever, it is a destination I say! I'm not sure I understand the whole rolling over thing- it hurts? Clearly you should drink wine before bed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like quirky! Wine! Now why didn't I think of that?

      Delete
  11. Since we started boating on the weekends, my yard has gone to pot (not that kind of pot.)

    I just close my eyes. The task is so overwhelming.

    I do love flowers!!

    Wow! 100 miles. Impressive. I wish I liked biking. But I relate it to what I was injured and couldn't run. It's hard now not to run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been as eager to get on my bike lately. It could be for the same reason!

      Delete
  12. Good luck finishing work on your backyard this weekend! Would love to see pics when it's all finished. :-) I haven't been on my bike in way. too. long! I really need to get back on it, but it's so hard because there isn't a good place to run outside and I don't have a bike trainer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a better place to ride too. The same 5 mile loop gets really old, really quick!

      Delete
  13. The yard is the hubs domain... he does get it looking good and a haven for the hummingbirds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to keep hummingbird feeders and we'd get quite a few each summer. My kids used to name the different ones that came.

      Delete
  14. The rain's definitely good about putting a damper onto plans! :[

    I hope to have a backyard to deck out someday! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A deck is such a nice place to hang out! I love putting flowers in the pots around ours.

      Delete
  15. Between the rain and so many lacrosse tournaments, I feel like we're way behind on our yard and the gardens. Hoping to get a lot done this weekend if I can get my husband to cooperate ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting on my husband to power wash a few items for me. I may be waiting a while...

      Delete
  16. Whimsy is always fun - especially when your neighbors think it's tacky... Our neighbors hate our bright purple front door, but it's always easy to find our house and we love it, so who cares?! I totally hear you on the rain though... it's been a rainy summer here in the Smokies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bright color on our doors and shutters and LOVE it. I try to keep the fun (tacky) stuff in my back yard. LOL.

      Delete
  17. Nice job on your rides! I'm sure you'll do great with your Century Mile event. My knees have been feeling a bit "creaky" the last few weeks...I haven't been running much, which I think helps, but still!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think cycling helps my knees and other times I think it hurts. I guess there is a sweet (moderate miles) spot in there somewhere.

      Delete
  18. Hahaha! Every time I roll over in bed I make a groaning sound like I'm 90 years old!! Oh lord, is 50 the new 90?????

    You know what you need don't you? We need to actually press the register button....that will get us motivated and give us something to focus on :)

    Cute fish, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need to press that button! I guess we could always change to lower mileage if need be? I've got to ride my bike outside...SOON. It's.just.so.dang.hot.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one!